Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies

Have you ever had Mexican hot chocolate?  If not, you're missing out.  It's thick, rich, and has a hint of "spice" that makes you even warmer for drinking it.
In a moment of hunger, I decided to do a little cookie experiment.  I started with a normal chocolate chip cookie recipe (when in doubt, use the one on the Nestle chocolate chips package).  I added about 1/3 cup of cocoa to the flour mixture.  I also added about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of allspice, and a little dash of nutmeg to the party.  Instead of semi-sweet chips, I used dark chocolate ones instead.  Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
These little babies totally hit the spot!  There's just something about adding cinnamon to chocolate!  Yum-O!

1 comment:

  1. As one of your dedicated HT-18 fan club members. These are dee-lish!! We all agree!!

    ReplyDelete