Monday, February 6, 2012

Cocoa Rubbed Pork Chops

Ok, so it has NOTHING to do with baking, but cocoa is one of the ingredients!  Doesn't that count for something?
I was searching online for a new recipe for pork chops and I ran across "Cocoa rubbed pork chops."  Of course I was intrigued...it had COCOA in it!


First you make your rub:
2 T brown sugar
2 t onion powder
1 T cocoa
1 1/2 t garlic powder
1 t cumin
1/2 t red pepper flakes (Sans this ingredient for the little ones)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
4 pork chops
2 T vegetable oil


 Heat oil in skillet.  Dredge chops in your rub until they're nice and covered.  Cook them for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink.  Super easy, and super delicious!  (I almost forgot to take an after shot.  As you can see, I was already digging into this one!)
So, even though it's NOT a dessert, it does contain cocoa and brown sugar, and that's good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment