Saturday, January 7, 2012

For This Child I Have Prayed

This weekend, I had the opportunity to make a baby shower cake for a surprise shower for one of our friends in Bible Study.  She's having her first baby, a girl in February.   The shower went really well.  She was TOTALLY surprised.  We had fun at the shower; played games, talked, and ate lots of food.  *FYI: I won a coffee mug for sorting and folding socks with the fastest time.*  Glad my mad laundry skills paid off! I digress...

The cake was my signature chocolate with a strawberry buttercream filling, covered in rolled buttercream, with rolled buttercream and fondant accents.   The writing on the cake reads: "For this child I have prayed... 1 Samuel 1:27.


 I brought home the leftovers for Drew. They didn't last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment