Saturday, September 28, 2013

Princess Palooza!

I made a princess cake for a little sweetie.  Her favorites are: Sophia, Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel (in that order), so those are the princesses that made it on the cake.  The cake is covered in buttercream and the princesses are made of royal icing.  
 Here's a close up of the princesses.  I'm no artist by any means and drawing especially has never been my strong suit.  Some of these gals turned out better than others.  Being made of royal icing, they are VERY fragile.  I broke Ariel in 2 places, but luckily I was able to "glue" her back together with more royal icing.
 Aurora probably turned out the best.
 Cinderella, however did not have the same fate.  She is my absolute favorite princess so I was a little disappointed when she ended up looking a little distorted.  Other than her crazy eyes, she looks great. 
It was a fun cake to make and I hope Princess Anna had a great birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment