Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Goodies

Happy Valentine's Day from Sissy's Sweets!
Today I made some cake pops and cupcakes for my son's school party.  I found this cute idea on cakepop gallery and thought I'd give it a whirl.  
Be My Valen-Swine!
Aren't they adorable!  Little valen-swine piggies are pretty cute, but super time consuming.  It took me an hour and a half to make all the fondant accents for their ears, arms, and snouts.  And that was just for 7...SEVEN...of them!  So the other 17 cake pops are just plain PINK!  
Because the cake pops took so long, my pink velvet cupcakes were not as elaborate as  had planned.  I was running out of time so they got a light dusting of pink sanding sugar and a fondant heart.    The kids requested "vanilla icing" so I made a whipped vanilla that normally goes on my red velvet cake.  

  *FYI: If you're still wondering how to make cakepops,  a "tutorial" is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment