Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Almond Joy Cupcakes

Sometimes you feel like a nut...sometimes you don't!  Today, I did, so I made some almond joy cupcakes.  I saw a recipe on Pinterest that I wanted to give a try.  One I really like came from "Cookies and Cups."  Go HERE to check out the recipe!
I didn't follow her recipe exactly.  I used my chocolate cake recipe and altered it a little, substituting milk with coconut milk and vanilla flavoring with almond.  This is, after all, ALMOND joy!   The coconut buttercream was divine!  Dipping them in melted milk chocolate really seals the deal and makes you feel like you're eating an almond joy!

I took a couple to Andrews school and his teacher's response: "OM-Triple G! Those are good!"  The secretary said she liked them even better than the "burnin' loves."  The rest of them went to work with Drew.  He didn't bring any home if that tells you anything.  

I only ate 1...ok fine...2!  They were dangerously delicious, so I had to get rid of them A.S.A.P!  But I will be making another batch next week!

I decided to dress these little cuties up in a wrapper. *Note to self: Must get decorative scissors from Parents' house before making decorative cups next time!*

I was really pleased with how these turned out, but I think I'll experiment with the almond joy coffee creamer for the next batch, just to see which recipe I like better!

No comments:

Post a Comment